What is a Children's Centre?
Broadwaters Children’s Centre is a vibrant fun place for you and your child to attend.
The aim of the community team is to work with all of the children aged 0-5 years who live within our reach area so we can help them to obtain the best possible start in life. The core purpose of children’s centres is to improve outcomes for young children and their families and reduce inequalities between families in greatest need and their peers in:
- Child development and school readiness;
- Parenting aspirations and parenting skills; and
- Child and family health and life chances.
We are a part of the Central Locality and we work closely with Woodlands Park Nursery School & Children's Centre.
We have a large range of services running from our centre;
- Stay & play sessions
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Employment support
- Health Visitor clinics
- Family Learning classes
- Parenting Workshops
- Benefits advice
- Food Bank
- Clothes & Toy Bank
- Speech & Language Support
- Referrals and EHCP support